Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 2010 PS to update

postcript to August 2010

Preparing for the Buckhorn show in August is always a hectic time, and this year especially so. I did manage to treat myself to a bit of a creative break, to paint a couple of oil studies that had been haunting me. Things did get extended into the wee hours as a result, so there has been no time to post these two on the web ‘til now:

Tuning
oil study on canvas, 8” by 10”
(prints available)
Tuning
My husband enjoys the freestyle ‘jams’ with local musicians at Pinecroft on weekends. There is a magnificent white pine there by the stage, probably one of the nicest trees that I’ve seen, and it becomes breath-taking when the afternoon light in autumn strikes it ‘just right’.

Distant Thunder
oil study on canvas, 6” by 8”
(prints available)

Distant Thunder
I had in my mind that I wanted to show a white house against a stormy sky. I started with ‘the storm’ in the upper right-hand corner and the painting evolved from there.
Cheers! Judy

No comments: